Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel Art Curriculum Guide
- “40 Shades of Green” collage - Ireland has been called the “Land of 40 Shades of Green”. Use mixed media to create a collage of shades of green- fabric, yarn, paper, markers, glitter, paint, tissue paper, beads, etc.
- Virginia Lee Burton was unusual as an author/illustrator in that she created all of the illustrations for her books before ever adding words! Create a story of your own completely in pictures and add the words last.
- Mike Mulligan “recycled” MaryAnn by putting her to work as the furnace for the new town hall. Recycle materials from around your house to create one of the vehicles mentioned in the story: train, boat, automobile, or plane. Here are some ideas:
Milk carton galleon,
Speed eraser cars,
Train steam engine template,
Egg carton train.
- A town hall houses the local government offices and personnel in a town or city. Build a town hall out of blocks, clay or popsicle sticks.
- Using play sand, playdough or clay, dig your own town hall cellar. Make your corners “neat and square”!
- Purchase some of these paper dolls to explore the dress of the Irish people.
To order by phone: Call toll-free
© MAESTRO CLASSICS. DIV OF SIMON & SIMON, LLC, 2015.