The Sorcerer's Apprentice Geography Curriculum Guide
- Dukas was a French composer. You can read about his country (France) on this website.
- Explore these beautiful photos of France. Can you name the landmarks?
- Print out this map of France. Get out an atlas and label the capital (Paris), the neighboring countries, major rivers and bodies of water, and geographical features that are important.
- Print out the flag and color it in. France has red, white and blue in their flag just like we do. Read about the meaning of the colors in this article. Not everyone agrees what the colors mean!
- France is famous for its elegant and creative cuisine. Explore this website and find a couple of recipes to try.
- Purchase and play the game "10 Days in Europe" to learn more about, and practice, your European Geography. Europe was the center of Western art and music in the times of Dukas and Goethe, and still plays a main role in the development and celebration of the arts.
- Play this online game to test your European Geography knowledge
- Here is a French game called Petanque. Play it with your family or friends!
- Goethe, the poet who wrote the version of the Sorcerer's Apprentice most similar to the story on our CD, was from Germany. You can read about Germany at this website.
- Here is a German flag and some activities to go along with it.
- Print out this map of Germany, get out your atlas, and label the capital (Berlin), the neighboring countries, major rivers, and any other geographical features you find.
- Make some German food! Find some recipes on this website such as german sausage, potato pancakes, and apple dumplings. Have your meal with some Schubert, Beethoven or Wagner CDs playing in the background.
To order by phone: Call toll-free
© MAESTRO CLASSICS. DIV OF SIMON & SIMON, LLC, 2015.