Articles on Music Education
"As a mother of one child who was passionate about music and one who was not, over the years I have shared my experiences in hopes that others would find their way into the wonderful world of music."
- Bonnie Ward Simon
- Age Limits for Children's Concerts
- Arts Camps: Finding the Right Balance for Your Child
- Buying an Instrument
- Buying a Piano: the Best Advice is Take Along a Professional
- Can My Child Play the Trumpet with Braces?
- Can Music Make Your Child Smarter?
- Classical Kids: Classical Music Recordings for Children
- Does My Child Have Musical Talent?
- Does Your Child Really Need Band?
- A Family Affair: Summer Concerts, Summer Theater
- Finding the Right Instrument is Like Falling in Love
- Hear the Music: How to Introduce Classical Music to Kids
- Homeschool Parents Have a Unique Opportunity to Put Music into Their Children’s Lives
- I Got Rhythm: Buying Quality Percussion Instruments for Your Preschooler
- In an Increasingly Visual World, Listening is a Learned Art
- Introducing Children to Classical Music
- It is Never to Late to Ask: Would You Like to Begin an Instrument this Fall?
- Keyboards: Your Computer, Your Piano and Your Child
- Let the Metronome Be Your Friend
- If the Mozart Effect is a Hoax, Why Listen to Classical Music?
- Meet a New Instrument...The French Horn
- Meet a New Instrument...The Mandolin
- Music Practice with Children: A Parent’s Guide
- Musically Colorblind Due to Neglect
- Listening Habits Begin at Birth
- Over 40?...Maybe it is Time to Order Concert Tickets and Take up an Instrument
- Recommended Resources for Parents
- Reduce Your Child's Screen Time with These Fun Activities
- Sleep, Music, Stories, Quite Time: What to do When You Turn Off the Screens
- Ten Easy Ways To Bring Music Into Your Child's Life
- Teenagers: Classical Music Your Children Should Know (and will enjoy!)
- Thanksgiving to New Year’s: Building Traditions for the Holidays
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Concert Etiquette
- The Music Teacher: A Guru for Your Child
- Turn Down the Volume or Plug Your Ears!
- When Do You Let Your Child Quit Their Music Lessons?
- When Will My Child Be Ready to Practice Alone?
- Why Doesn’t My Child Have Time to Practice?
- Why on Earth Would My Child Play the Tuba?
- Will Your Child’s Musical Instrument Go to Camp this Summer?
- Will Playing an Instrument get Your Child into Medical School?
- Will Studying Music Increase My Child’s IQ?
© MAESTRO CLASSICS. DIV OF SIMON & SIMON, LLC, 2015 - 2019