Juanita the Spanish Lobster Art Curriculum Guide
- Seascapes make some of the most beautiful artwork. Many famous artists spent time studying and painting the sea.
- Artists: Monet and the sea, Van Gogh: Seascape at Saintes Maries de la Mer; Various seascape prints, 10 best sea landscapes.
- Deep Sea Sparkle fish and sea projects (this is a fantastic website with many free lessons, and some more intricate ones for a small fee).
- Spanish painters: Enchanted Learning- information and coloring pages of several Spanish artists.
- Other Spanish artists coloring pages.
- Bartolome Esteban Murillo was a Spanish baroque painter best known for his religious paintings, and paintings of peasants in various scenes and settings.
- Francisco Goya was a Spanish painter in the Romantic style. He is known for his portraits, and his dark images reflecting the upheaval in Spain at the time.
- Learn more about him in these books about Goya.
- Picasso: Pablo Picasso was a famous Spanish painter in the Cubist art movement. Cubism, an abstract style of art, was based on a way of seeing people and objects from multiple viewpoints at the same time. Picassohead art activity
- Virtual Dali website with biography and paintings.
- Dali was in a movement of art called "Surrealism" which took inspiration from dreamlike images, or subconscious thought, over reason. Have you ever had a strange dream that did not fit reality? What things would you put in a painting or drawing from your dreams? Make a piece of art that would fit the Surrealists' ideal.
© MAESTRO CLASSICS. DIV OF SIMON & SIMON, LLC, 2015.