Swan Lake Geography Curriculum Guide
(here's an interactive mapmaker page to use for all of your geography work!)
- Russia, the home of composer Piotr Illyich Tchaikovsky, lies partly in Europe and partly in Asia. It is the largest country in the world.
- Enchanted Learning has plenty of activities and projects including mapwork, flags, and language.
- Here's a lesson on the Russian language, which uses a Cyrillic alphabet.
- Older children can explore this timeline of Russian culture.
- Learn more about the Kremlin, the historic central fortified complex in Moscow. Explore this website and then draw pictures of some of these interesting structures.
- Here is a list of children's books about Russia from Amazon
- Ballet is a French form of dance formalized during the time of King Louis XIV. Let's learn about France! You can start by visiting this website.
- Find out more about King Louis XIV's enormous residence, the Palace of Versailles, at this website. The Interactive Map on the right sidebar is especially interesting!
ACTIVITES & GAMES
- Print out this map of France. Get out an atlas and label the capital (Paris), the neighboring countries, major rivers and bodies of water, and geographical features that are important.
- France is also on the continent of Europe. Purchase and play the game "10 Days in Europe" to learn more about, and practice, your European Geography. You can also play this free online game to test your European Geography knowledge.
- Here is a French game called Petanque. Play it with your friends!
- Print out the flag and color it in. France has red, white and blue in their flag just like we do. Read about the meaning of the colors in this article. Not everyone agrees what the colors mean!
- France is famous for its elegant and creative cuisine. Explore this website and find a couple of recipes to try. Make a full French meal, including appetizer, main course, and dessert. Listen to Debussy or Ravel CDs while you eat!
© MAESTRO CLASSICS. DIV OF SIMON & SIMON, LLC, 2015 - 2018