Swan Lake Math Curriculum Guide
- Royal balls were very big, important events. There would have been a lot of people gathered to hear the prince announce his choice for a bride!
- If there were 500 people at the ball and 30% of them were single women hoping to be chosen, 40% of them were older noblemen and women, 15% of them were servants, and the rest were young men of the kingdom, how many of each group were there?
- If each guest had 19 appetizers and at the end of the ball there were 125 left, how many did the chef make overall?
- If the ball began at 3:30 p.m. and the last guest left at 1:20 a.m. the next morning, how long did the party last?
- Castle Defense game at Cool Math 4 Kids
- Learn to play chess- a game of kings and queens, conquest and surrender. And great for the mind! Here is an online chess game.
- Chess for Kids (This link includes rules of play and printable, make-your-own chess board and pieces.)
- Answers to above math problems: 150 single women, 200 older men and women, 75 servants, 75 young men; 9625 appetizers made overall; the ball was 9 hours and 50 minutes long.
© MAESTRO CLASSICS. DIV OF SIMON & SIMON, LLC, 2015 - 2018