Juanita the Spanish Lobster Science Curriculum Guide
- National Geographic ocean- information, pictures, etc.
- Enchanted learning- many activities and printouts about ocean habitats.
- Ology- a wonderful website with a whole section about Marine Biology, or the study of marine life.
- Motion ocean craft from National Geographic Kids.
- Other ocean crafts at Enchanted Learning
- sea puzzle
- sea games from Chateau Meddybemps
- Children's books on the ocean: The Best Children's Books.
- Scientists classify, or group, animals based on what characteristics they have in common. The classification categories (from most general to most specific) are: Kingdom (such as Animals or Plants), Phylum (such as Chordates or Arthropods), Class (such as Mammals or Aves), Order (such as Marsupials), Family, Genus, Species. The scientific name of an animal includes its genus and species, and sometimes subspecies, and is in Latin. Explore the Animal Kingdom with these fun links, games and lesson plans:
- Here is a clearly presented and fun video from Brain Pop on Animal Classification
- Sheppard Software has many animal games on their site. Try the animal classification game, and the food web activity among others.
- Here is a chart of the taxonomy of specific animals.
- Here is a chart with printable cards to cut out and laminate.
- Here is a great lesson plan on classification for 3rd grade and up.
- Here is an animal sort game for younger kids.
- Juanita is a lobster, which is in the Arthropod phylum, in the class Crustacean. Here is more information about lobsters: National Geographic, Mollusks .
- Learn more about Octopuses here. (Octopi is also a correct plural, but not as commonly used.)
- Watch this amazing video of a camouflaged octopus!
To order by phone call toll-free
© MAESTRO CLASSICS. DIV OF SIMON & SIMON, LLC, 2015.