Updated: Jun 8, 2020
Learn about the musical alphabet and the staff in this fun video
Learn about the highest instrument in the orchestra here; Learn about the lowest instrument in the orchestra here
Learn about dynamics here
Learn about the quarter rest here
Time for some questions!
1. How many words can you make from the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, G – the notes in the musical alphabet?
2. How many lines are on a musical staff? How many spaces?
3. What instrument can play the highest note in the orchestra? The lowest note?
4. What do dynamics tell you?
a. What to play
b. How loud or soft to play
c. Not to play
d. To play faster
5. What does a quarter rest mean?
a. Be quiet for 2 beats
b. Play for 3 beats
c. Be quiet for 1 beat
d. Play for 4 beats
1. We found 35. Can you find more? 2. 5 lines, 4 spaces 3. Highest note: Piccolo; Lowest note: Contrabassoon 4. b 5. c