Swan Lake Art Curriculum Guide
- Edgar Degas is perhaps most famous for painting ballerinas in performances and rehearsals. He painted many other subjects, but his ballet works have always been his most popular. Go here to explore and learn more about Degas and his ballet paintings, and here to learn about Degas' sculpture "Little Dancer, Age 14".
- Henri Matisse was a French artist who also created some paintings of dancers (see them here and here). What words would you use to describe each artist's rendering of dancers? Compare and contrast them using your observations of colors, style, composition, etc.
- Later in life, Matisse turned to cutting and collage to create art due to failing health. Here are lesson plans for art projects inspired by Matisse's collage art.
- Ballet has five basic foot positions. You can find them here and try them out yourself! Some require great flexibility and balance!
- Here's a basic watercolor project of a ballerina to try on your own!
© MAESTRO CLASSICS. DIV OF SIMON & SIMON, LLC, 2015 - 2018